Pasaia Port Authority, a public body reporting to the Ministry of Development through State Ports, manages and coordinates the functions and powers granted to it by law, among which we can highlight:
- Planning and execution of the infrastructure work necessary for carrying out the activities related to commercial maritime traffic and the coordination of this means of transport with rail or road transport.
- Management and planning of the uses of the various areas for port services: Management of the public port area by granting concessions and authorisations.
- Collection of charges and fees for the use of the port's facilities and commercial services.
- Ensure the harmonious development of Pasaia Port: Continuous search for a balance between the profitability and efficiency of the port as a logistics space and its integration and coexistence with the urban area. Port+city coexistence is an important variable for this organisation when looking to the 2025 horizon.
- All of the points that indicate the functions of the Port Authority.
Carrying out these functions, included in the Strategic Plan 2015-2025, is the key principle for an organisation aligned with its mission, vision and values.
Mission and Vision:
In the context of a sustainable urban port, to be a major player in intermodal connections on the Iberian Peninsula and in southern France with the British Isles and northern Europe, maintaining and improving the service provided to its immediate hinterland.
To be the preferred port for companies on the Iberian Peninsula and in southern France due to its customer service and the flexibility of its services.
- Customer service based on collaboration, communication, flexibility and coordination.
- Role of the Port Authority. Agent facilitating business development.
- Provision of services under optimum conditions of quality and competitiveness.
- Commitment to working to achieve a good port-city relationship.
- Proactive attitude to meeting environmental goals, leading environmental improvement projects.
- Commitment to health and safety at work, equal opportunities, linguistic normalisation, quality and innovation.
- Efficient and responsible management.